Teeth whitening is one of the easiest and most common cosmetic dentistry procedures performed and can lead to dramatic improvements in the brightness and whiteness of your smile creating a more youthful appearance. Whether your teeth have become stained due to the natural aging process or consumption of tea, coffee and wine, Dr. Howell and the team at Green Leaf Dentistry can easily restore the brightness of your smile through either in-office Deep Bleaching /Zoom whitening or custom bleaching trays, which can be used in the comfort of your own home. Are you ready to smile confidently with a whiter, brighter smile? Call now or visit us online to schedule!
-What causes teeth staining?
- Smoking and the use of chewing tobacco
- Dark colored foods and beverages such as tea, coffee and wine.
- Yellowing from the natural aging process
-How does teeth whitening work?
- All teeth whitening products use a form of peroxide to whiten teeth, the most common forms being carbamide and hydrogen. These peroxides chemically react with external surface stains essentially “lifting” the stains from the teeth yielding brighter and whiter teeth surfaces.
- While whitening treatments are very effective at treating external stains from the sources mentioned they cannot treat internal stains from old silver fillings, previous root canal therapy or tetracycline therapy. Correction of internal stains will generally require a cosmetic treatment such as a porcelain veneer or crown.
- Non-invasive and rapid results!
- Inexpensive relative to other cosmetic treatments
- Brighter and whiter more youthful smile
- Improved confidence
– Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are a thin shell of porcelain akin to a fake nail for your tooth. They provide a minimally invasive, highly esthetic solution to mask teeth that are discolored, chipped or poorly shaped. They also allow for correction of gaps between teeth, misaligned or slightly crooked teeth.
The Treatment Process
At your dental veneer consultation, Dr. Howell will take photographs and impressions or “molds” of your teeth from which a wax-up of the proposed veneers will be generated. This wax-up will be reviewed by you and Dr. Howell to insure that you are happy with the proposed “look” of your veneers.
Once approved, Dr. Howell will prepare your teeth by removing a minimal amount of enamel, select a shade and then take a detailed impression that is sent to the outside laboratory for fabrication of your custom veneers. While your veneers are being fabricated, your teeth will be protected with temporary veneers. At a subsequent visit, Dr. Howell will verify the fit and color match of your new veneers and then permanently bond them to your teeth, instantly correcting any staining, chipping and malalignment that you may have presented with.
- Minimally invasive cosmetic treatment – minimal is no tooth preparation is required so your natural tooth structure is preserved.
- Porcelain veneers look and feel natural – because the veneers are customized to fit your teeth and match the shade of your adjacent teeth, nobody will be able to tell the difference!
- Porcelain resists staining and doesn’t require any special maintenance, only good oral hygiene and regular check-ups!
- Interested in improving your smile? Don’t wait! Call Dr. Howell today to find out if you are a candidate for porcelain veneers!
– Porcelain Crowns and Tooth Colored Fillings
- With ever improving technology and material science, porcelain crowns and composite resin or tooth colored fillings are stronger and more beautiful than ever. Dr. Howell and the team at Green Leaf Dentistry recognize that people have dental needs. Whether it be a simple filling or a crown because of a cracked or decayed tooth, we pride ourselves on offering highly esthetic treatment options that are indistinguishable from your natural teeth.